Professional Liability – Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Real Estate Brokers, Accountants, Lawyers
- Obtained a full defense verdict after jury trial in Orange County Superior Court on behalf of real estate broker and agent in case alleging breach of fiduciary duty, constructive fraud, and financial elder abuse.
- Successfully demurred to a complaint against our client, a structural engineer, and forced a nuisance value settlement in a personal injury case with a $1.7 million demand.
- Obtained a nonsuit on the issue of causation in an accounting malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty case after a two-week trial in San Diego Superior Court.
- Obtained a nonsuit on the issue of duty in a legal/accounting malpractice case tried in San Diego Superior Court.
- Prevailed on motion for summary adjudication to dismiss causes of action for breach of contract, fraud and negligent misrepresentation, which sought significant damages against a general contractor.
- Prevailed on summary judgment for a geotechnical engineer arguing that the general contractor failed to follow the pre-litigation claims process required by the parties’ contract. The client was awarded its attorney’s fees.